|Features||Battle-Matic Action, Light-Up Eyes, 5 points of articulation|
|Accessories||Sword, Dagger, Headdress, Power Ring|
Mumm-Ra was one of the first ThunderCats action figures produced by Al-Es. The figure was based on the original 1980s cartoon version of Mumm-Ra. Standing a solid 7 inches tall, the Mumm-Ra figure had action features as well as poseable arms, legs and head, thanks to 5 points of articulation. The figure also came equipped with weapons and extra accessories.
Al-Es made and/or repackaged the LJN ThunderCats toys for the Italian and French markets. In France, their toys' packaging had "Cosmocats" printed on them instead of "ThunderCats".
1. Battle-Matic Action: Like many of the Cosmocats ThunderCats toys, the Mumm-Ra figure featured a lever on its back and pushing down this lever with the forefinger would make both of the figure's arms move up and down.
2. Light-Up Eyes: Only two figures had this special feature with the other figure being the Cosmocats Lion-O figure. Both these figures came with a Power Ring which required one "AAA" Battery to operate. The Power Ring was to be worn on the finger and inserting its contact point into the opening in Mumm-Ra's back would cause the figure's eyes to light up.
|Battle-Matic Action||Light-Up Eyes|
3. Poseable limbs and head: The Mumm-Ra figure had 5 points of articulation, 2 at the shoulders, 2 at the hips and 1 at the neck. These points allowed the figure to be posed in a variety of action poses.
1. Sword: Made of black plastic and the handle painted red, the sword was designed to fit into the figure's right hand. This sword bears similarity to the Sword of Plun-Darr which appears in some of the ThunderCats cartoons.
2. Dagger: Shorter than the sword, the dagger was also made of black plastic but its blade was painted silver (see variations below). The dagger was designed to fit into Mumm-Ra's left hand.
3. Headdress: Made of red plastic, the headdress included flowing bandages near the bottom and two black snake heads at the top. It was designed to fit onto Mumm-Ra's head.
4. Power Ring: Made of red plastic, the Power Ring's top opened to reveal a battery chamber which could house one "AAA" battery. The bottom part of the accessory consisted of a ring like aperture which allowed the Power Ring to be worn on the finger. The contact point of the Power Ring was located at the front and would cause the Mumm-Ra figure's eyes to light up when inserted into the opening in its back.
The Mumm-Ra figure was packaged on a special backing card which was unique to it alone. It had an illustration of Mumm-Ra as well as pictures of the Mumm-Ra figure displaying the Batlle-Matic and Light-Up eyes features.
Cosmocats vs LJNEdit
The Cosmocats Mumm-Ra was identical in every aspect to its LJN counterpart. Only the packaging was different.
Foreign Variations and ReleasesEdit
- Rainbow Toys Mumm-Ra
- Playful Mumm-Ra
- Childbro Mumm-Ra
- Glasslite Mumm-Ra
- Laser Saber Mumm-Ra
- LJN Mumm-Ra