|Features||Battle-Matic Action, 5 points of articulation|
Cheetara was one of the first ThunderCats action figures produced by Glasslite Toys. The figure was based on the original 1980s cartoon version of Cheetara. Standing a solid 6 inches tall, the Cheetara figure had action features as well as poseable arms, legs and head, thanks to 5 points of articulation. The figure also came equipped with its weapon.
1. Battle-Matic Action: Just like the LJN Cheetara, the Glasslite Cheetara figure had the Battle-Matic lever on its back and depressing this lever with the forefinger would make both the figure's arms move up and down.
2. Poseable limbs and head: The Cheetara figure had 5 points of articulation, 2 at the shoulders, 2 at the hips and 1 at the neck. These points allowed the figure to be posed in a variety of action poses.
1. Bo Staff: The figure's main weapon consisted of a length of yellow plastic rod.
Glasslite vs LJNEdit
Even though the Glasslite figure used the same basic design of the LJN figure, there were some differences between the two:
1. Bo Staff: The Glasslite figure's Bo Staff, while similar to that which came with the LJN figure, was slightly different in design and color.
2. Screws: While the front and back halves of the LJN figures' bodies were glued together, the Glasslite figures were joined together by three screws. Thus on the back of all Glasslite figures are visible three screw holes.
3. Packaging: While the LJN Cheetara was packaged on a card, the Glasslite figure was packaged in an open-front box
|Glasslite Card Back|
Other Variations and ReleasesEdit