|Features||Battle-Matic Action, 5 points of articulation|
|Accessories||Sword of Plun-Darr, Dagger|
|Next||Glasslite Lion-O Deluxe Edition|
Mumm-Ra was one of the first ThunderCats action figures produced by Glasslite Toys. The figure was based on the original 1980s cartoon version of Mumm-Ra. Standing a solid 7 inches tall, the Mumm-Ra figure had action features as well as poseable arms, legs and head, thanks to 5 points of articulation. The figure also came equipped with its weapon.
1. Battle-Matic Action: Just like the LJN Mumm-Ra, the Glasslite Mumm-Ra figure had the Battle-Matic lever on its back and depressing this lever with the forefinger would make both the figure's arms move up and down.
2. Poseable limbs and head: The Mumm-Ra figure had 5 points of articulation, 2 at the shoulders, 2 at the hips and 1 at the neck. These points allowed the figure to be posed in a variety of action poses.
1. Sword of Plun-Darr: The weapon was a large sword made of black plastic with a snake handle.
2. Dagger: The second weapon was a shorter knife also made of black plastic.
Glasslite vs LJNEdit
Even though the Glasslite figure used the same basic design of the LJN figure, there were some differences between the two:
1. Sword of Plun-Darr: The Glasslite figure's Sword was completely black and did not have a red colored handle like the LJN one.
2. Dagger: The Glasslite figure's Dagger was also completely black and did not have its blade painted either grey or silver like most of the LJN figure's Daggers. However, some LJN Mumm-Ra's did come with a completely black Dagger.
3. Screws: While the front and back halves of the LJN figures' bodies were glued together, the Glasslite figures were joined together by three screws. Thus on the back of all Glasslite figures are visible three screw holes.
4. Headdress: While the LJN Mumm-Ra's Headdress was a separate accessory that could be placed on the figure's head and removed at will, the Glasslite figure had an unremovable headdress. It was sculpted onto the figure's head.
|Glasslite Card Back|
Other Variations and ReleasesEdit