|Features||Battle-Matic Action, 5 points of articulation|
Tygra was one of the first ThunderCats action figures produced by Glasslite Toys. The figure was based on the original 1980s cartoon version of Tygra. Standing a solid 6 inches tall, the Tygra figure had action features as well as poseable arms, legs and head, thanks to 5 points of articulation. The figure also came equipped with its weapon.
1. Battle-Matic Action: Just like the LJN Tygra, the Glasslite Tygra figure had the Battle-Matic lever on its back and depressing this lever with the forefinger would make the figure's Bolo-bearing right arm move up and down.
2. Poseable limbs and head: The Tygra figure had 5 points of articulation, 2 at the shoulders, 2 at the hips and 1 at the neck. These points allowed the figure to be posed in a variety of action poses.
1. Bolo Whip: Consisting of an orange plastic tube in which was inserted a dark blue string with two yellow beads at its end.
Glasslite vs LJNEdit
Even though the Glasslite figure used the same basic design of the LJN figure, there were some differences between the two:
1. Bolo Whip: The Glasslite figure's Bolo Whip, while similar to that which came with the LJN figure, was slightly different in design and color.
2. Screws: While the front and back halves of the LJN figures' bodies were glued together, the Glasslite figures were joined together by three screws. Thus on the back of all Glasslite figures are visible three screw holes.
3. Packaging: While the LJN Tygra was packaged on a card, the Glasslite figure was packaged in an open-front box
|Glasslite Card Back|
Other Variations and ReleasesEdit