|Year|| 1985 (Series 1)|
1986 (Series 2)
1987 (Series 3)
|Features||Battle-Matic Action, 5 points of articulation|
|Asst. #|| 3500 (Series 1)|
3500 (Series 1 with Wilykit)
3545 (Series 2)
3545 (Series 2 with Wilykit)
Cheetara was one of the first ThunderCats action figures produced by LJN Toys. The figure was based on the original 1980s cartoon version of Cheetara. Standing a solid 6 inches tall, the Cheetara figure had action features as well as poseable arms, legs and head, thanks to 5 points of articulation. The figure also came equipped with the Bo Staff
1. Battle-Matic Action: Like many of the LJN ThunderCats toys, the Cheetara figure featured a lever on its back and pushing down this lever with the forefinger would make both the figure's arm move up and down in the same direction.
2. Poseable limbs and head: The Cheetara figure had 5 points of articulation, 2 at the shoulders, 2 at the hips and 1 at the neck. These points allowed the figure to be posed in a variety of action poses.
1. Bo Staff: Cheetara's weapon consisted of a length of orangish-yellow plastic stick, measuring approximately seven inches in length. The staff also had a slight bulge in the center to enable the figure to grip it properly.
2. PVC WilyKit Figure: Only some Series 1 and some Series 2 releases of the Cheetara figure came packaged together with a PVC WilyKit Figure. This figure was essentially a mini-statue and had no features or points of articulation. This WilyKit figure should not be confused with the fully poseable LJN WilyKit figure which was released later as a separate figure as part of the "Companions" sub-line.
|Bo Staff||PVC Wilykit|
1. Series 1: The first series Cheetara was released in 1985 and some figures came packaged with a free PVC WilyKit figure.. The area on the backing card behind the figure was plain black in color, as with the other Series 1 figures.
2. Series 2: The second series Cheetara was released in 1986 and some figures came packaged with a free PVC WilyKit figure.. The area on the backing card behind the figure had a white splash. This differentiated it with the Series 1 figures' packing.
2. Series 2: The third series Cheetara was released in 1987. The area on the backing card behind the figure had a white splash. This differentiated it with the Series 1 figures' packing.
|Series 1 Cheetara||Series 1 Cheetara|
with PVC WilyKat
|Series 2 Cheetara||Series 2 Cheetara|
with PVC WilyKat
|Series 2 Card Back|
1. Skin Color: Some Cheetara figures had a dark yellow skin tone while some had a pale cream skin tone. These two are often referred to as the "Yellow" and "Flesh" toned Cheetara.
2. Boot Color: There are three main variations in the color of Cheetara's boots - Light Orange, Dark Orange, and Brown.
3. Bo Staff Color: The staff included with some Cheetara figures was yellow in color while others had an orange colored staff.
|Cheetara Skin Variants||Cheetara Boot Variants|
Foreign Variations and ReleasesEdit