|LJN Grune the Destroyer|
|Year|| 1986 (Series 2)|
1987 (Series 3)
|Features||Battle-Matic Action, 5 points of articulation|
|Accessories||Spiked Mace(Battle Club), Knuckleduster|
|Asst. #||3545 (Series 2)|
Grune the Destroyer was one of the first ThunderCats action figures produced in the second series of ThunderCats toys by LJN Toys. The figure was based on the original 1980s cartoon version of Grune. Standing a solid 6 inches tall, the Grune figure had action features as well as poseable arms, legs and head, thanks to 5 points of articulation. The figure also came equipped with a Battle Club and a Knuckleduster
1. Battle-Matic Action: Like many of the LJN ThunderCats toys, Grune the Destroyer figure featured a lever on its back and pushing down this lever with the forefinger would make the figure's right arm move up and down.
2. Poseable limbs and head: The Grune the Destroyer figure had 5 points of articulation, 2 at the shoulders, 2 at the hips and 1 at the neck. These points allowed the figure to be posed in a variety of action poses.
1. Battle Club/Spiked Mace Made of a grey plastic the Battle Club was designed to fit in the figure's hand. It had a similar design to the Battle Club used by Grune in the original cartoon series.
2. Knuckleduster Made of a grey plastic the Knuckleduster consisted of tiny spikes at its end. It was designed to fit in the figure's hand.
1. Series 2: The second series Grune the Destroyer was released in 1986. The area on the backing card behind the figure had a white splash. It came with the purple and black front LJN Mini Catalog.
2. Series 3: The third series Grune the Destroyer was released in 1987. The area on the backing card behind the figure had a white splash. It came with the orange and yellow front LJN Mini Catalog.
|Series 2 Grune|
|Series 2 Card Back||Series 3 Grune|
Foreign Variations and ReleasesEdit