|Year|| 1986 (Series 2)|
1987 (Series 3)
|Features||Battle-Matic Action, 5 points of articulation|
|Accessories||Katana Sword, Helmet|
|Asst. #||3500 (Series 2)|
|Previous||LJN Tuska Warrior|
|Next||LJN Snowman of Hook Mountain|
Hachiman was one of the first ThunderCats action figures produced in the second series of ThunderCats toys by LJN Toys. The figure was based on the original 1980s cartoon version of Hachiman. Standing a solid 5.5 inches tall, the Hachiman figure had action features as well as poseable arms, legs and head, thanks to 5 points of articulation. The figure also came equipped with the Thunder-Cutter Katana Sword and Samurai Helmet
1. Battle-Matic Action: Like many of the LJN ThunderCats toys, the Hachiman figure featured a lever and pushing this lever with the forefinger would make the figure's torso twist side to side. This was the only toy in the ThunderCats line to feature the "Battle-Matic Action" button on its side instead of its back. Pushing this button made Hachiman slash his sword.
2. Poseable limbs and head: The Hachiman figure had 5 points of articulation, 2 at the shoulders, 2 at the hips and 1 at the neck. These points allowed the figure to be posed in a variety of action poses.
1. Thunder-Cutter Katana Sword: Made of shiny grey plastic, the Katana sword was designed to be placed in the figure's hands.
2. Samurai Helmet: Made of shiny purple plastic, the Samurai Helmet was designed to resemble the helmet worn by Hachiman in the cartoon series. It even had a red plastic strap to fit around the figure's chin.
1. Series 2: The second series Hachiman was released in 1986. The area on the backing card behind the figure had a white splash. It came with the purple and black front LJN Mini Catalog.
2. Series 3: The third series Hachiman was released in 1987. The area on the backing card behind the figure had a white splash. It came with the orange and yellow front LJN Mini Catalog.
|Series 2 Hachiman||Series 2 Card Back||Series 3 Hachiman|
Foreign Variations and ReleasesEdit