|Year||1987 (Series 3)|
|Features||Battle-Matic Action, 5 points of articulation|
|Accessories||Sword of Omens, Helmet|
|Asst. #||3500 (Series 3)|
Jaga was one of the first ThunderCats action figures produced in the third series of ThunderCats toys by LJN Toys. The figure was based on the original 1980s cartoon version of Jaga. Standing a solid 6 inches tall, the Jaga figure had action features as well as poseable arms, legs and head, thanks to 5 points of articulation. The figure also came equipped with the Sword of Omens and a Helmet.
1. Battle-Matic Action: Like many of the LJN ThunderCats toys, the Jaga figure featured a lever on its back and pushing down this lever with the forefinger would make the figure's right arm move up and down.
2. Poseable limbs and head: The Jaga figure had 5 points of articulation, 2 at the shoulders, 2 at the hips and 1 at the neck. These points allowed the figure to be posed in a variety of action poses.
1. Sword of Omens: Made of red plastic with the blade and hilt painted silver, the sword was designed to fit into the figure's Battle-Matic right hand.
2. Helmet: Made of yellow plastic with parts painted green and brown, the helmet was designed to fit onto the figure's head
3. Series 3: The third series Jaga was released in 1987. The area on the backing card behind the figure had a white splash. It came with the orange and yellow front LJN Mini Catalog.
|Series 3 Jaga|
|Series 3 Jaga|
1. Skin Color Variation: One variant of the figure had a cream/flesh colored torso, head and arms while the second variant's body was yellowish-orange in color.
2. Cape Color Variation: Some figures had a light blue cape while others donned a darker blue cape. Mostly it was the cream colored Jaga that came with the light blue cape while the yellowish-orange colored Jaga wore a dark blue cape.
Foreign Variations and ReleasesEdit