|Year|| 1985 (Series 1)|
1986 (Series 2)
1987 (Series 3)
|Features||Battle-Matic Action, 5 points of articulation|
|Accessories||Helmet, Chained Mace (Morning Star)|
|Asst. #|| 3545 (Series 1)|
3515 (Series 2)
3606 (Rainbow Toys)
Monkian was one of the first ThunderCats action figures produced by LJN Toys. The figure was based on the original 1980s cartoon version of Monkian. Standing a solid 5.5 inches tall, the Monkian figure had action features as well as poseable arms, legs and head, thanks to 5 points of articulation. The figure also came equipped with the Chained Mace
1. Battle-Matic Action: Like many of the LJN ThunderCats toys, the Monkian figure featured a lever on its back and pushing down this lever with the forefinger would make the figure's right arm move up and down.
2. Poseable limbs and head: The Monkian figure had 5 points of articulation, 2 at the shoulders, 2 at the hips and 1 at the neck. These points allowed the figure to be posed in a variety of action poses.
1.Chained Mace: The plastic weapon was made up of a metallic grey spiked ball which was attached to a metallic grey handle by a short length of black colored plastic chain. The Chained Mace was similar in appearance to the one wielded by Monkian on the ThunderCats cartoon show.
2.Helmet: Made of Grey and brown plastic, the helmet was designed to fit snugly onto Monkian's head. It was similar in appearance to the helmet worn by Monkian on the ThunderCats cartoon show.
1. Series 1: The first series Monkian was released in 1985. The area on the backing card behind the figure was plain black in color, as with the other Series 1 figures.
2. Series 2: The second series Monkian was released in 1986. The area on the backing card behind the figure had a white splash. This differentiated it with the Series 1 figures' packing.
2. Series 3: The third series Monkian was released in 1987. The area on the backing card behind the figure had a white splash. This differentiated it with the Series 1 figures' packing.
|Series 1 Monkian||Series 2 Monkian||Series 2 Card Back||Series 3 Monkian|
1. Head and Torso Color: There were three variations in the head and torso color of the Monkain figure. Some Monkian figures had their head and torso the same color as their arms and legs. Some figures had the head and torso being slightly lighter in color than the arms and legs. And some figures had the head and torso being slightly darker than the arms and legs.
2. Chained Mace Color: There were two different variations of the included Chained Mace. Some figures came with a black chained mace and others had a mace with a red chain.
|Monkian Color Variants||Monkian Mace Variants|
Foreign Variations and ReleasesEdit