|Year|| 1985 (Series 1)|
1986 (Series 2)
1987 (Series 3)
|Features||Battle-Matic Action, 5 points of articulation|
|Asst. #|| 3500 & 3505 (Series 1)|
3500 (Series 2)
3545 (Series 3)
3606 (Rainbow Toys)
|Previous||LJN Tygra (Young)|
Panthro was one of the first ThunderCats action figures produced by LJN Toys. The figure was based on the original 1980s cartoon version of Panthro. Standing a solid 5.5 inches tall, the Panthro figure had action features as well as poseable arms, legs and head, thanks to 5 points of articulation. The figure also came equipped with the Nunchucks
1. Battle-Matic Action: Like many of the LJN ThunderCats toys, the Panthro figure featured a lever on its back and pushing down this lever with the forefinger would make both the figure's arm move up and down in opposite direction.
2. Poseable limbs and head: The Panthro figure had 5 points of articulation, 2 at the shoulders, 2 at the hips and 1 at the neck. These points allowed the figure to be posed in a variety of action poses.
1. Nunchucks: The weapon is similar in design to the one used by Panthro in the cartoons. It consists of two fighting sticks, one colored red and one colored blue. The sticks have a claw at one end and are connected at the other end by a length of plastic chain which is black in color.
1. Series 1: The first series Panthro was released in 1985. The area on the backing card behind the figure was plain black in color, as with the other Series 1 figures.
2. Series 2: The second series Panthro was released in 1986. The area on the backing card behind the figure had a white splash. This differentiated it with the Series 1 figures' packing.
2. Series 2: The third series Panthro was released in 1987. The area on the backing card behind the figure had a white splash. This differentiated it with the Series 1 figures' packing.
|Series 1 Panthro||Series 2 Panthro||Series 2 Card Back||Series 3 Panthro|
1. Outfit Color: The light blue color on the figure's boots, wrist bands and shoulder straps was lighter in some figures and darker in some.
2. Nunchucks: The base of the Nunchucks had two different type of hooks. Some Nunchucks had a "C" shaped hook while others had a "?" shaped hook.
|Panthro Variants||Nunchucks Variants|
Foreign Variations and ReleasesEdit