|Year|| 1985 (Series 1)|
1986 (Series 2)
1987 (Series 3)
|Features||Battle-Matic Action, 5 points of articulation|
|Asst. #|| 3545 (Series 1)|
3515 (Series 2)
3606 (Rainbow Toys)
Slithe or S-S-Slithe was one of the first ThunderCats action figures produced by LJN Toys. The figure was based on the original 1980s cartoon version of Slithe. Standing a solid 5 inches tall, the Slithe figure had action features as well as poseable arms, legs and head, thanks to 5 points of articulation. The figure also came equipped with the Battle Axe
1. Battle-Matic Action: Like many of the LJN ThunderCats toys, the Slithe figure featured a lever on its back and pushing down this lever with the forefinger would make both the figure's right arm move up and down.
2. Poseable limbs and head: The Slithe figure had 5 points of articulation, 2 at the shoulders, 2 at the hips and 1 at the neck. These points allowed the figure to be posed in a variety of action poses.
Battle Axe: The plastic weapon had a long brown handle with a silver blade at its end. The Battle Axe was similar in appearance to the one wielded by Slithe on the ThunderCats cartoon show.
1. Series 1: The first series Slithe was released in 1985. The area on the backing card behind the figure was plain black in color, as with the other Series 1 figures.
2. Series 2: The second series Slithe was released in 1986. The area on the backing card behind the figure had a white splash. This differentiated it with the Series 1 figures' packing.
2. Series 2: The third series Slithe was released in 1987. The area on the backing card behind the figure had a white splash. This differentiated it with the Series 1 figures' packing.
|Series 1 Slithe||Series 2 Slithe||Series 2 Card Back||Series 3 Slithe|
1. Spots and Eye Color: Some Slithe figures had black spots on their head, back, and shoulders as well as having black colored spines on their back. These figures also had white eyes and head and legs made of hard plastic and a slightly lighter green colored body. The variant version of Slithe had brown spots and brown spines instead of black. Also the eyes of these figures were pink instead of white and their heads and legs were made of a soft squeezable plastic. Their bodies were also darker green in color.
2. Battle-Matic Lever Color: There are three different variations of the Slithe figure's lever color. All figures with black spines had a black colored lever. Some figures with brown spines had a brown colored lever while some had a black colored lever.
|Slithe Spots Variants||Slithe Lever|
Foreign Variations and ReleasesEdit