|Features||Battle-Matic Action, 5 points of articulation|
|Next||Playful Top Spinner|
Cruncher was one of the first ThunderCats action figures produced by Playful Toys. The figure was based on the original 1980s cartoon version of Cruncher. Standing a solid 5 inches tall, the Cruncher figure had action features as well as poseable arms, legs and head, thanks to 5 points of articulation.
1. Battle-Matic Action: Just like the LJN Cruncher, the Playful Cruncher figure's action feature was controlled by a red lever located on the side of the figure. First the figure's torso would have to be pulled back to lock it into place. Then twisting the lever would cause the figure to lunge forward and grab anything in front of it with its massive arms.
2. Poseable limbs and head: The Cruncher figure had 5 points of articulation, 2 at the shoulders, 2 at the hips and 1 at the neck. These points allowed the figure to be posed in a variety of action poses.
Playful vs LJNEdit
Even though the Playful figure used the same basic design of the LJN figure, there were some differences between the two:
1. Crotch Markings: The crotch area of the LJN figure had a series of yellow triangles painted on it while the Playful figure lacked these.
2. Helmet Color: The topmost section of the LJN Cruncher's helmet was painted in yellow color while that of the Playful figure was not.
3. Skin Color: The overall color of the Playful Cruncher's skin was a tad darker in complexion than that of its LJN counterpart.