|Playful Top Spinner|
|Features||Battle-Matic Action, 3 points of articulation|
|Next||Playful Ram Bam|
Top Spinner was one of the first ThunderCats action figures produced by Playful Toys. The figure was based on the original 1980s cartoon version of Top Spinner. Standing a solid 5 inches tall, the Top Spinner figure had action features as well as poseable arms, legs and head, thanks to 3 points of articulation.
1. Battle-Matic Action: Just like the LJN Top Spinner, the Playful Top Spinner's action feature was controlled by a lever located on the figure's back. Pressing this lever would make the figure spin rapidly, knocking down any figures nearby with his spiked mace.
2. Poseable limbs and head: The Top Spinner figure had 3 points of articulation, 2 at the shoulders, and 1 at the neck. These points allowed the figure to be posed in a variety of action poses.
Playful vs LJNEdit
Even though the Playful figure used the same basic design of the LJN figure, there were some differences between the two:
1. Figure Color: The overall color of the Playful Top Spinner was darker in tone than that of the LJN figure, especially the purple.
2. Spiked Ball Color: WHile the spiked ball at the end of the LJN figure's mace was metallic grey in color, that of the Playful Top Spinner was painted a bright red.
3. Handle Color: The handle of the LJN figure's mace was jet black. In comparison, that of the Playful Top Spinner was painted a bright yellow.
4. Chain Length: The length of the plastic chain attaching the spiked ball to the handle on the mace of the Playful figure was significantly longer than the one carried by the LJN Top Spinner.