|Rainbow Toys Tygra|
|Features||Battle-Matic Action, 5 points of articulation|
|Accessories||Bolo Whip, WilyKat|
|Asst. #|| 3606 (Black Handle Bolo)|
3545 (Orange Handle Bolo)
|Previous||Rainbow Toys Lion-O|
|Next||Rainbow Toys Panthro|
Tygra was one of the first ThunderCats action figures produced by Rainbow Toys. The figure was based on the original 1980s cartoon version of Tygra. Standing a solid 6 inches tall, the Tygra figure had action features as well as poseable arms, legs and head, thanks to 5 points of articulation. The figure also came equipped with the Bolo Whip
1. Battle-Matic Action: Like many of the LJN ThunderCats toys, the Tygra figure featured a lever on its back and pushing down this lever with the forefinger would make the figure's Bolo bearing right arm move up and down.
2. Poseable limbs and head: The Tygra figure had 5 points of articulation, 2 at the shoulders, 2 at the hips and 1 at the neck. These points allowed the figure to be posed in a variety of action poses.
1. Bolo Whip: This weapon was made up of a length of thin blue string that was threaded with two tiny yellowish-orange beads at its ends. The center of the string was fitted inside the handle which was a short length of orange plastic tubing.
Different releases of the figures had slightly different Bolo Whips, with some having a longer handle with a different shape and a longer string.
The Childbro Tygra figures and some of the Rainbow Toys Tygra figures came with a Bolo Whip that had a black plastic handle instead of the usual orange colored handle.
2. PVC WilyKat Figure: Only some releases of the Tygra figure came packaged together with a PVC WilyKat Figure. This figure was essentailly a mini-statue and had no features or points of articulation. This WilyKat figure should not be confused with the fully poseable Rainbow Toys WilyKat figure which was released later as a separate figure as part of the "Companions" sub-line.
|Bolo Whip||PVC WilyKat|
1. Hair Color: Some Tygra figures had the lower part of their hair painted a pale cream color while others did not have this band of color.
2. Nose Color: Some Tygra figures had thier nose painted orange while had an unpainted nose.
3. Feet Strap: Some Tygra figures had green strips painted underneath their feet and others were without the strip.
Rainbow Toys vs LJNEdit
1. Bolo Handle Color: Some Rainbow Toys Tygra came equipped with a Bolo Whip which had a black handle instead of the normal orange one.
|Orange Handle Bolo||Black Handle Bolo|
Foreign Variations and ReleasesEdit