|Weapons & Accessories|
|Weapons||Sword of Plun-Darr|
|Page||List of all characters|
- For the article about the 1980's version of this character, see Ratilla
After Mumm-Ra's spaceship crashed on Third Earth, all of his surviving animal slaves settled on their new home planet. While species such as the Cats thrived and prospered for generations, the Rats lived off the other animal's leftovers, feeding off scraps in the swamplands, barely surviving.
One fateful day, Ratilla came upon the Sword of Plun-Darr and the Gauntlet of Plun-Darr, a discovery that would change the destiny of the Rats forever. Armed with these powerful weapons, the Rats rose to prominence, taking what they though was rightfully theirs by any means necessary.
Seeing Ratilla's blatant abuse of power, the ThunderCats sent the wizard Jaga to put an end to Ratilla's reign of terror. Armed with the Sword of Omens and his own powerful magic, Jaga was able to defeat Ratilla. To keep the Sword of Plun-Darr out of evil's hands, Jaga put a curse on it and plunged it into the earth, allowing a mountain to grow over it like a scar, burying it forever.
- While being based on the original 1980s series' character of the same name, Ratilla's design is very different from that of his 1980s counterpart.
- There are a number of similarities between the 1980s and the 2011 version of Ratilla, such as:
- Both wielded the Sword of Plun-Darr.
- Both were defeated by a young Jaga armed with the Sword of Omens.
- Both were ancestors of Ratar-O